iCAR-POLICE is an autonomous version of the registration plate recognition device placed in an equipped vehicle.
iCAR-POLICE instantaneously checks whether a recognised registration plate appears in a wanted or stolen vehicles database. This database can be embedded into the vehicle or consulted remotely.
iCAR-POLICE automatically and precisely recognises the registration plates of parked, moving, passed or overtaken vehicles. This recognition takes place for vehicles in motion or at a standstill, both day and night.
Registration plate recognition is based on a proven algorithm, iCAR-ANPR, and recognises all European registration plates.
iCAR-POLICE also includes a GPS module. Thanks to its real time positioning technology, the vehicle’s exact location is specified during each detection operation.
The interface comprises a touch screen, making operator interventions simple.
This solution has many advantages:
- Fully automated
- User-friendly interface
- High-performance system for registration plate recognition
- Local or remote database search
- Operates both day and night (invisible infrared lighting)
- Possible camera control by touch screen
- Adapts to all types of vehicles
- The system can be either visible or discrete (unmarked cars)
- Permanent or temporary installation (attachment by magnetic support)
- Recognition for stationary or moving vehicles (up to 220 km/h)